Problems with time intervals

General questions about installation / configuration of KillApps

Postby dummy » Wed Jun 29, 2005 9:53 pm

Hi,

I bought Killapps a week ago,

I use killapps on a single computer. I renamed killaps.ini and killapps.exe in mousedrv32.ini and mousedrv32.exe. Also I blocked the access to the system registry, to the system32 directory and to the directory where I put listapps.

I want to avoid my 17 years old son play some pc games in certain hours of the day (e.g. afternoon) and also I want to block the access to particular internet sites.

I noticed that killapps blocks all the access to any folder of a disk if not explicitly permitted by yes1, yes2 etc. To avoid that, I permit the access to any application by default inserting the key yes1=* and I use the no1, no2…. keys to block the unwanted application. In attachment I send to you my configuration file.

I want to use the timing options with no1= keys but I’m not be able to do it. When I insert timing options (no4=*battlezone* /d:1-7 /t:10:00:00-21:00:00) the applications is never blocked from 0:00 to 23:59

Could you suggest the correct syntax to block (or to permit) the launch of application at the desired timing with no1, no2 keys?
dummy

Postby lifeisnice » Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:00 pm

Hi dummy,
This is a bug appearing with some non english versions of Windows, especially the Italian version
Upgrade from version 1.5 to version 1.6 or more of KillApps ans this will be corrected.

the above line is correct:
no4=*battlezone* /d:1-7 /t:10:00:00-21:00:00

this means you want to block the game Battlezone every day from 10:00:00 to 21:00:00
lifeisnice
Site Admin

Return to Installation